17 Ways to Stay Safe at the Beach this Summer
If you absolutely must leave your house to go to the beach this summer, be sure to protect yourself with these proven tips:
- Drink plenty of sunscreen.
- Get appropriate zoning permits for all sand castle construction.
- Introduce yourself to the lifeguards. They’ll be much more inclined to get up and do something if they can put a face to the cries for help.
- Though full of pristine sand and excellent surf, Iraq’s beaches are best avoided.
- If you spot a shark, quickly bite off your own arm to show it you’re a crazy motherfucker with nothing to lose.
- Blow on hot sand before stepping on it.
- Pay attention to boogie boarders. They rule.
- Wear a Life Jacket, Life Pants, and a Life Helmet.